Get out your October calendar and plan to pitch in this fall!
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY SPOTLIGHT: WBE Garden Explorers Program: One of WBE PTA’s most unique and ambitious programs offers our students hands-on learning in our beautiful courtyard garden. In this weekly outdoor program, students will prepare the earth, plant, tend, and harvest edible fruits, vegetables and herbs while learning about natural processes, nutrition, botany, and ecology. Classes meet weekly Oct – May and our Green Team is currently developing the 2014-15 Garden Explorers schedule. We need both volunteer Team Leaders and Garden Assistants to support this program, which is 100% volunteer-led. Team Leaders teach the pre-set curriculum to groups of students and Garden Assistants help keep the kids on task and engaged. No special gardening know-how is required; the more volunteers we have, the more students we can serve! Can you or another adult (great for energetic grandparents, aunts and uncles!) in your family give just 30 minutes of your time once per month or more? If so, please contact email@example.com with your name, interest (Team Leader or Assistant), availability (mornings or afternoons and day(s) of the week), and child’s name, grade and teacher. Classes begin September 29th – so don’t delay – dig into the school garden today!
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: (Go to http://tinyurl.com/wbegive3 for details and to sign-up!)
- Height and Weight Measurement: Friday, Oct 3rd ~quick 1 hour shifts!
- Ace’s Fall Cookout: Friday, October 10th ~free lunch for you and your kid!
- PTA Concessions: Tuesday, October 14th ~evening shift! sign-up now for any 2014-15 monthly meeting
- Fall Fundraiser Product Unload and Distribution: Tuesday, October 21st ~starts at noon; come on your lunch break!
COMING SOON: Check back for volunteer opportunities related to these events, or indicate your interest today on the Volunteer Interest Survey and we’ll contact you when volunteer shifts are available!
- Health and Wellness Fair: Tuesday, Oct 14th
- Fall Picture Day: Thurs, Oct 16th
- PTA Movie Night: Friday, October 24th
- International Fair, Thursday, Nov 6th