OUR EQUITY MISSION: Wells Branch PTA recognizes that our school and our organization is seated within a context of historic and ongoing systemic racism. We are working to listen to our school community to dismantle institutional barriers that exist within our organization, and to use PTA’s privilege and power to amplify the voices and needs of our most marginalized families. We pledge to:
- stay engaged and listen carefully,
- create safe, accessible spaces for community dialogue,
- participate in dismantling discriminatory systems in our school and our organization, and to
- persistently advocate for equal educational outcomes for those most impacted by systemic discrimination.
WBE PTA Racial Equity Working Group (‘REworking’) meetings: All community members are welcome! Every other Friday at Noon via Google Meets. Can’t make it then? Please let us know when/how works for you!
- Upcoming meeting dates: TBD (no meeting Spring Break, Mar 19): Click here to Join Meeting
WBE AIA School Equity Team Meetings: Monthly via Google Meets – all community members are welcome!
- Next Meeting: Wed, Feb 2nd @ 5:00 PM. Click here to Join Meeting
Demographic and accountability information for Wells Branch AIA (scroll to bottom of page): https://roundrockisd.org/schools/elementary/wells-branch/
WBE AIA Campus Improvement Plan Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B13hERGxqDqDSUFnM0FDbkh2X2c
Racial Equity Educational Resources:
Recordings of Professional Development Webinars presented by the RRISD Equity Task Force (ETF). This is a great place to start if you are new to the topic of Racial Equity! Equity Task Force – YouTube
Coming Soon! WBE PTA Equity Resource Library. Here our school community can find and recommend resources to grow our individual and collective knowledge on race, equity and inclusion.