OUR EQUITY MISSION: Wells Branch PTA recognizes that our school and our organization are seated within a context of historic and ongoing systemic racism. We are working to listen to our school community to dismantle institutional barriers that exist within our organization, and to use PTA’s privilege and power to amplify the voices and needs of our most marginalized families. We pledge to:
- stay engaged and listen carefully,
- create safe, accessible spaces for community dialogue,
- participate in dismantling discriminatory systems in our school and our organization, and to
- persistently advocate for equal educational outcomes for those most impacted by systemic discrimination.
WBE PTA Racial Equity Working Group (‘REworking’) meetings: All community members are welcome! Every other Friday at Noon via Google Meets. Can’t make it then? Please let us know when/how works for you.
- Please reach out if you would like to be added to our meeting invite! Click here to Join Meeting
- SUMMER SCHEDULE: Meetings will pause for the month of June. We will regroup mid-July and hit the ground running in August! We are looking forward to growing this group next year – all are welcome!
- Wondering what the Equity Working Group did this year? Check out our 2020/21 Annual Report
- Know of a diversity, equity or inclusion book? Please use our Book Recommendation Form to suggest a book for future purchase!
- Advocacy Guide (Coming 2021/22)
- DEI Book Club: Now taking suggestions for the 2021/22 school year!
- Ideas? Questions? Concerns? firstname.lastname@example.org
WBE AIA School Equity Team Meetings: Monthly via Google Meets – all community members are welcome!
- Next Meeting: Tues, May 25th @ 5:30 PM. Click here to Join Meeting
Demographic and accountability information for Wells Branch AIA (scroll to bottom of page): https://roundrockisd.org/schools/elementary/wells-branch/
WBE AIA Campus Improvement Plan Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B13hERGxqDqDSUFnM0FDbkh2X2c
Racial Equity Educational Resources:
Recordings of Professional Development Webinars presented by the RRISD Equity Task Force (ETF). This is a great place to start if you are new to the topic of Racial Equity! Equity Task Force – YouTube
New! WBE PTA Equity Resource Library. Here our school community can find and recommend resources to grow our individual and collective knowledge on race, equity and inclusion.