Wells Branch AIA is going ‘green’ again, but this time we’re talking about CASH MONEY! The Green Apple School program is a partnership with A+ Federal Credit Union to bring financial literacy resources and hands-on learning to elementary students. The benefits include:
- Green Apple Savings program: Parents may open a free A+FCU youth savings account for their child AT SCHOOL with just the child’s SSN and their Driver’s License. A+FCU makes the first, minimum deposit of $10.00. That’s right – FREE MONEY FOR YOUR KID!
- In-school “Deposit Days”: On Green Apple Deposit Days, students with an A+FCU youth savings account can make a deposit to their account right at school! No need to make a separate trip to the branch so your child can make a deposit!
- Hands-on learning opportunity for Student Tellers on Deposit Days
- In-class speakers on Financial Literacy topics
- Financial Literacy curriculum materials for teachers
- $1000 Grants available for teachers
- Conveniently located branches near HEB at I35/FM1825 and in area High Schools
Experts agree that it’s never too early to start teaching children about money, and we are so excited support their learning by bringing this amazing program to our school! Your first opportunity to participate in the Green Apple Savings program is at the PTA General Meeting on Tuesday, February 13th at 6:30 PM. A+ FCU will be there to answer your questions and open Youth Savings Accounts on site!