Every class at Wells Branch Elementary creates a class basket for the silent auction. We are asking for parent’s help to fill their child’s […]
One of our more popular events during Springfest is the Silent Auction. The success of our auction depends on the generous donations from the […]
One of our most popular games is the Pringles Toss and we need your help. From now until April 21, you can drop off […]
Wells Branch Elementary’s Hoops for Heart is in full swing. It is amazing the work students are doing while learning how to keep their […]
PTA general meeting is Feb. 13, 2018 This Tuesday we will be having our monthly PTA general meeting. Join us for an update on […]
Don’t miss the opportunity to open a FREE Green Apple youth savings account for your child! He/She will receive a special starter kit, and […]
Help Wells Branch Elementary fight heart disease and donate to the American Heart Association through our Hoops for Heart program. Our goal this year […]
Coach Coad has asked us to remind everyone that all the money for the sweatshirts that the PE coaches have been selling is due […]
Wells Branch AIA is going ‘green’ again, but this time we’re talking about CASH MONEY! The Green Apple School program is a partnership with A+ Federal Credit Union to bring financial literacy resources and hands-on learning to elementary students. The benefits include:
- Green Apple Savings program: Parents may open a free A+FCU youth savings account for their child AT SCHOOL with just the child’s SSN and their Driver’s License. A+FCU makes the first, minimum deposit of $10.00. That’s right – FREE MONEY FOR YOUR KID!
- In-school “Deposit Days”: On Green Apple Deposit Days, students with an A+FCU youth savings account can make a deposit to their account right at school! No need to make a separate trip to the branch so your child can make a deposit!
- Hands-on learning opportunity for Student Tellers on Deposit Days
- In-class speakers on Financial Literacy topics
- Financial Literacy curriculum materials for teachers
- $1000 Grants available for teachers
- Conveniently located branches near HEB at I35/FM1825 and in area High Schools
Experts agree that it’s never too early to start teaching children about money, and we are so excited support their learning by bringing this amazing program to our school! Your first opportunity to participate in the Green Apple Savings program is at the PTA General Meeting on Tuesday, February 13th at 6:30 PM. A+ FCU will be there to answer your questions and open Youth Savings Accounts on site!
January PTA Meeting Update CANCELED!! Our January General Meeting, scheduled for tomorrow, January 16, has been canceled due to concerns about the weather. Please […]