Equity is at the very center of PTA’s mission: ‘to make every child’s potential a reality.’ Wells Branch PTA recognizes that our school and our organization, like most others in the US, are seated within a context of historic and ongoing systemic discrimination, including racism. We are working hard to listen to our school community, and to recognize how our position in this system sustains discriminatory practices. At the same time we are learning how to use our privilege and power to amplify the voices and needs of our most marginalized students and their families. Through this work, we hope to better serve our entire community. We pledge to:
- create safe, accessible spaces for community dialogue
- to stay engaged and listen carefully
- to participate in dismantling racist and discriminatory systems in our school and our organization
- to work diligently toward equal educational and community outcomes for those most impacted by systemic discrimination
WBE PTA Racial Equity Working Group (‘REworking’) meetings: All community members are welcome! Every other Friday at Noon via Google Meets. Can’t make it then? Please let us know when/how works for you!
- Upcoming meeting dates: Nov 13th, Dec 11th, Jan 8th: Click here to Join Meeting
WBE AIA School Equity Team Meetings: Monthly via Google Meets – all community members are welcome!
- Next Meeting: Wed, Nov 11th, 5:30PM – 6:30PM. Click here to Join Meeting
Demographic and accountability information for Wells Branch AIA (scroll to bottom of page): https://roundrockisd.org/schools/elementary/wells-branch/
WBE AIA Campus Improvement Plan Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B13hERGxqDqDSUFnM0FDbkh2X2c