WOW! The Move-a-thon was a huge success on Friday!
Thanks to all our volunteers, WBE staff, and the families who came out to support our students! Every WBE student had the opportunity to participate in our fun, healthy and spirited event. Smiles abounded and Explorer pride was plain to see from Kinder through 5th! My favorite part was watching the kids make such a big effort to keep moving all the way through the final lap as teachers and families cheered them on. Don’t miss the photos on our PTA facebook page!
Now, it’s our turn to finish strong and help our kids achieve our school goal of $20,000 in pledges! If we do it, we will:
- Be able to sustain and continue to improve all the great programs the PTA provides, such as fields trips, technology purchases, classroom enrichment, family events and so much more!
- Be able to continue with this style of fundraiser next fall instead of going back to catalog sales
- Provide our kids with the unforgettable reward of seeing Coach Coad and Principal Cini DUCT TAPED to the front of the school!
To date, we have raised nearly $10,000! Our final pledge due date is this Friday, October 2nd. We still have a long way to go – but we can do it!
As of today, only 182 of our 950 students have registered and not all have returned a pledge. If the remaining students return just $15.00 each in pledge donations, we will exceed our goal! Or, if just 200 additional students meet their individual pledge goal of $50.00, we will meet our goal.
There is still time to gather and return pledges. Remember – we get to keep 100% of all cash and check donations! Return cash/checks to your child’s teacher or the office. All donations should be in a baggie or envelope, labeled with your child’s first and last name, teacher’s name, and grade.
Register/donate ONLINE. It is so easy and it takes 2 minutes! Just for registering, your child will earn those sweet Silver Streak shoelaces! TIP: If they don’t ‘work’ in your child’s shoes (velcro/slip-ons), kids can wear them on their backpack, lunchbox, as bracelets or in their hair!
- LIKE and SHARE posts you see about the fundraiser on our PTA facebook page and/or PTA website. And invite others to do the same!
- TALK about the Move-a-thon with your family and friends, WBE teachers, and other WBE families. Tell them what’s different and why you are supporting it.
- Create and share your student’s donation page via email and/or social media. Students who share their donation page average 70% more in pledges than those who don’t!
- Don’t forget to ask about matching donations from your employer.
- Send a reminder to people you’ve asked for donations who haven’t responded; often people intend to donate, but you know how life gets away from us!