VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY SPOTLIGHT: PTA Board Nominations/Spring Festival is Coming
PTA Board Nominations: It’s time to start thinking about who will lead our PTA in the 2015/16 school year. If you are interested in serving on the WBE PTA Board in 2015/16, or know of someone who might be interested, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or one of our current board members: http://wellsbranchpta.org/contact-us/.
Spring Fest is COMING! This year’s Spring Festival is Saturday, April 11th! It is our school’s biggest annual fundraiser and we rely on our great community of WBE families to step up, volunteer and contribute to help make it a success. In the coming weeks, we’ll be sending out specifics about how you can help, so please keep an eye on your email, Like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/
– VOLUNTEER: Over 300 volunteer shifts must be filled in order to pull off this amazing event! We need volunteers for set-up, clean-up, shifts at the booths, silent auction, concessions and activities on the day of the festival. There are also volunteer shifts the week before for ticket pre-sales. Volunteer sign-up sheets will be posted in the coming weeks on the volunteer website: http://tinyurl.com/wbegive3. Spring Fest is a great volunteer opportunity for responsible high school and middle school students, as well as parents, grandparents and community members. Volunteer for an hour or all day!
– DONATE: BOOTH and BASKET ITEMS: Each grade level sponsors a booth at the festival and supplies are donated by the families within that grade. For example: cakes for the Cake Walk, cans of silly string for Silly String Wars, Pringles for Pringles Toss. For the Silent Auction Basket, each classroom has a theme and items are donated based on that theme. For example, Beach Theme donations might include sand toys, beach towels, discount admission to Hawaiian Falls, etc. Pets theme might include new collars, food dishes, pet treats/toys, doggie/cat bed, gift certificate to doggie daycare, etc. Cash donations for booth/basket items are always welcome and appreciated, and if you know of a local business willing to donate products or services for the Silent Auction, that is also a great way to help us raise funds!
– SPREAD THE WORD: Spring Festival is open to our whole community, and the more people attend, the more our school benefits. It also happens to be a really fun time! There is live music, great food, and fun games and prizes for kids and adults of all ages! So please spread the word: invite your friends, families, and neighbors to join WBE for a fun day Saturday, April 11th, from 2 – 6 pm! Let’s make this our biggest, best Spring Festival Ever!
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: (Go to http://tinyurl.com/wbegive3 for more details and to sign-up!)
- PTA Meeting Concessions: Tuesday, April 14th ~ Sign-up now for this or any 2014-15 monthly meeting
- Spring Festival Planning Committee: Next Meeting Monday, Feb 23rd, 7:45 AM in the PRO Center: Contact email@example.com
COMING SOON: Check back for volunteer opportunities related to these events, or indicate your interest today on the Volunteer Interest Survey and we’ll contact you when volunteer shifts are available!
- Spring Festival Ticket Pre-sales: April 6 – 10th, before and after school
- Spring Festival Set-up, Clean-up, Concessions and Booths: April 11th, ALL Day!
- PTA Concessions: Tuesdays: May 12 ~ Sign-up available now!