VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY SPOTLIGHT: Science Fair!
The Wells Branch Elementary Science Fair is coming up on Thursday, January 29th from 5:30 – 7:00 pm. Participation in the Science Fair is encouraged for all students; projects are required of students in 3rd – 5th grades. Students explore topics of their own choosing. In the process they learn how to work through the scientific method: formulating questions, researching, compiling data, conducting experiments, and presenting their ideas and findings in a clear and eye-catching way. It is a wonderful learning opportunity!
You can help by volunteering as a Judge and by spreading the word that we need Judges among your friends, family, co-workers, college science departments, community groups, etc. All members of our community are invited to participate in this fun event. No special science skill or experience is required! Volunteers must present a photo ID, but the RRISD volunteer application is waived for Science Fair judges. Judging takes place the day of the Science Fair. Thurs, Jan 29th from 10 am – 3 pm in the WBE school gymnasium. We need around 50 volunteer judges to help evaluate all the great student science projects. Volunteer for as little or as long as you want. Lunch is provided for Judges volunteering an hour or more!
A few regular volunteers are also needed for setting up tables, clean-up after the Fair, and helping volunteer judges get their bearings.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: (Go to http://tinyurl.com/wbegive3 for more details and to sign-up!)
- Science Fair Judges: 10am – 3pm on Thursday, Jan 29th. ~ Come on your lunch hour – lunch provided!
- Science Fair Set-up: 3:00 pm on Wed, Feb 28. Clean-up: Thurs 7:30 PM. Judge Assistants: Thurs 10 -12:30 or 12:30 – 3 : ~ Help us help the Fair run smoothly!
- PTA Meeting Concessions: Tuesday, Feb 10th ~ Sign-up now for this or any 2014-15 monthly meeting
COMING SOON: Check back for volunteer opportunities related to these events, or indicate your interest today on the Volunteer Interest Survey and we’ll contact you when volunteer shifts are available!
- PTA Concessions: Tuesdays: Apr 14, May 12 ~ Sign-up available now!
- Spring Festival planning is starting soon! ~ Contact Chairs Sarah Marquez and Paula Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get involved!