VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY SPOTLIGHT: Spring Festival Planning Committee
This years Spring Festival is set for Saturday, April 11 from 2pm-6pm. It seems far off, I know, but this is our BIGGEST ANNUAL FUNDRAISER and most visible PTA/community event. It is also a TON of FUN! Under the direction of our experienced Spring Festival Chairs, Sarah Marquez and Paula Robertson, the planning committee envisions and executes everything Spring Fest: from booths to advertising, concessions to silent auction, entertainment to ticket sales. Pulling off this huge event takes a dedicated group effort and we need many wonderful volunteers to get involved at the committee level. SO – don’t be shy – jump in and spread the word and bring a friend! Planning meetings start next Monday, January 26 at 7:45am in the PRO Center. For the next 2 months we will be meeting every other week, then weekly or more during CRUNCH time.
This will be the last year for some of our veteran folks, so it’s a great year to get your feet wet and “learn from the pros”! If you would like to be involved in Spring Festival planning, or know of someone who might like to help, please email Sarah and Paula at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘ or just show up to the first committee meeting on Jan 26th at drop-off (7:45, in the PRO Center).
This year is sure to be the best yet!
- Science Fair Judges: 10am – 3pm on Thursday, Jan 29th. ~ Come on your lunch hour – lunch provided!
- Science Fair Set-up: 3:00 pm on Wed, Feb 28. Clean-up: Thurs 7:30 PM. Judge Assistants: Thurs 10 -12:30 or 12:30 – 3 : ~ Help us help the Fair run smoothly!
- PTA Meeting Concessions: Tuesday, Feb 10th ~ Sign-up now for this or any 2014-15 monthly meeting
COMING SOON: Check back for volunteer opportunities related to these events, or indicate your interest today on the Volunteer Interest Survey and we’ll contact you when volunteer shifts are available!
- PTA Concessions: Tuesdays: Apr 14, May 12 ~ Sign-up available now!
- Spring Festival Planning Committee: First meeting Monday, Jan 26th at 7:45 AM in the PRO Center ~ Attend and/or email email@example.com to get involved!