VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY SPOTLIGHT: Holiday Shoppe
This year’s Holiday Shoppe runs M – W, December 15, 16 & 17. The annual Holiday Shoppe offers students a chance to shop for gifts (ranging from 25 cents to ~$20.00) for their families. Proceeds from gift sales go back to the PTA to be used for the benefit of the school. Students are excited to pick out gifts for their loved ones, and it is an opportunity for families to discuss topics such as giving/receiving, budgeting, etc. All students will visit the Shoppe with their classrooms this year – your child’s teacher can tell you when their class will attend. Students who do not bring money to spend will have the opportunity to create holiday gifts at the Shoppe’s craft table.
The Shoppe relies on volunteers to help with set-up/clean-up, assist students with selecting gift items that fit within their budget, ring up purchases, re-stock gift items, and supervise the craft table.
HOLIDAY SHOPPE NEEDS YOUR HELP to run smoothly! Please volunteer at the link below. Thanks!
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: (Go to http://tinyurl.com/wbegive3 for details and to sign-up!)
- Holiday Shoppe: December 15, 16, 17 ~ Help us run this student favorite!
- Winter Book Fair: December 8 – 12 ~ volunteers still needed for clean-up on Friday!
- PTA Meeting Concessions: Tuesday, Feb 10th ~ Sign-up now for this or any 2014-15 monthly meeting
COMING SOON: Check back for volunteer opportunities related to these events, or indicate your interest today on the Volunteer Interest Survey and we’ll contact you when volunteer shifts are available!
- PTA Concessions: Tuesdays: Feb 10, Apr 14, May 12 ~ Sign-up available now!
- Science Fair: Thursday, January 29th