The WBE PTA has kicked off the collecting and submitting our boxtops. Last year we raised over $3,000 in Box Tops for the PTA and this year our goal is match it!
For the more competitive minded, once again we shall have our monthly inter-teacher competitions. We’ve got our Box Top Milestone date of November 1st, but we also have and end of month date to see which individual can bring in the most box tops. Winner of this date will receive a K-12 Government Approval prize, certificate and bragging rights for a month.
Here are the guidelines which should look familiar from last year:
- Please submit your box tops when you receive them. Hoarding and slamming the final week of any month will be considered being overly competitive, not in the spirit of this competition and result in bitter counters and Chair People. It is too early in the year to become bitter.
- Box top are going to be pickup and inventoried on hopefully daily basis.
- We only count current boxtops. Expired boxtops are literally not worth the paper they are written on. At this time, other education coupons (Labels for Education, Campbell Soup, etc.) are sent to NW Elementary and are NOT counted towards boxtops.
- Unmarked box tops goes in the “Other” column, so clearly mark your submissions with student and teacher names and put in a Ziploc bag. Ms. Sanders and Ms. Sanders, please clearly label 3rd or 4th grade. Don’t want any family fights going on if boxtops go to the wrong sister!
- We are focusing this as being a classroom team effort. I will let you decide if you want to acknowledge your student(s) that brings in the most box tops.
- For those support staff that do not have a homeroom class (office, music, arts, etc.). Let me know if you still want to be on these weekly emails. As neutral parties, you have the freedom to mock and/or cheer both students and teachers.
- Competition has started and the weekly spreadsheet chart is below.
So start rounding up those kiddos and submit your boxtops. The Office has the boxtops collection box. I will be providing updates so let me know if you have any questions!
WBE PTA Boxtops Chair